Covid Protocols and Youth Recreation Update
YMCA of Eastern Ontario Covid Measures & Youth Recreation Update
Following the provincial announcement loosening Covid-19 restrictions, here’s what is in place at your YMCA as of March 1, 2022.
- Masks continue to be required when not actively working out.
- It is no longer necessary to show your proof of vaccination when visiting your Y. We continue to work with public health to ensure the highest current standards of safety as we have done throughout the pandemic. We are mindful that our facilities operated safely before vaccinations were available and that our region has enviably high vaccination rates. (Over 90 per cent!) In addition, children under the age of 12 have been welcome at the Y throughout the pandemic.
- Social distance spacing is not required, however, we ask that you continue to respect personal space for everyone’s comfort.
- Equipment spacing will be maintained.
- Sanitizing equipment and machines before and after use will continue.
- The Monday to Friday 1-3 p.m. closure will be discontinued effective February 28.
- Saunas will re-open as of February 28.
- Beginning with the next sessions of swim lessons, parents and guardians will not be required to be in the pool during their child’s lesson above the bobbers’ level.
Youth Recreation Programs Registration
Registration for all youth recreation programs, which the exception of swim lessons, is now open. For information and to register, click here.
For information about YMCA programs, please contact member services.
In Brockville: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Kingston: email@example.com