News Release: YMCA Launches YCamp
Free virtual summer camp programming
YMCA Launches YCamp, free virtual summer camp programming
Brockville and Kingston, ON – Summer camp is one of the things that many kids look forward to each year. This summer, with the closure of many camps to slow the spread of COVID-19, the YMCA of Eastern Ontario is responding with the launch of a virtual camp program: YCamp.
“For over 160 years, the YMCA has been a leader in delivering camp programs to children and youth across Canada,” said Rob Adams, CEO, YMCA of Eastern Ontario. “We share the disappointment felt by kids who can’t physically attend camp this summer. We are happy to be able to bring YCamp to Eastern Ontario and hope that they enjoy the activities, challenges and everything YCamp has to offer.”
More about YCamp:
- YCamp is a free online program available to all children and youth across Canada
- Virtual camp programs will be released each week over the course of the summer
- The YCamp program will be educational and fun, with weekly challenges so that “campers” can achieve virtual camp certifications over the course of the summer
- Children will be able to get online feedback on their skill development
- The first day of YCamp is July 6 and will run through to August 28
- YCamp will be delivered online by YMCA camp staff across the country
The YCamp program will be accessible online starting July 6 at ymcahome.ca/YCamp.
YCamp is the latest addition to the YMCA at Home virtual platform, which already includes YThrive (fitness classes), YPlay (family activities), YWell (personal wellness resources) and YGym (physical activities for children and youth).
During these unprecedented times, the YMCA remains committed to building healthy communities, through programs like these. As a charity, the Y needs help, now more than ever, to continue to serve our communities with innovative and necessary initiatives. Please donate to your YMCA and help us continue to respond to the needs of our community. To stay up-to-date with Y news, including Rob’s weekly blog, visit: https://eo.ymca.ca/news.
– 30 –
For information, please contact:
Director, Marketing and Communications
YMCA of Eastern Ontario