Stay Safe: The following health protocols are in place at the YMCA of Eastern Ontario
Updated: Dec. 20, 2020
Since the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the YMCA of Eastern Ontario has put the safety of members, staff, volunteers, and the children in our care as our most important job. That’s why we initiated a shut-down of operations before the provincial government required it and why we took our time in re-opening to make sure the right safety measures were in place. We have adapted to changes based on the best information available rather than waiting to be mandated to make changes.
- Access to the YMCA of Eastern Ontario is limited to YMCA members who live in Leeds, Grenville, Lanark, Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington.
- No out-of-area YMCA members may access our facilities at this time.
- No day passes will be sold.
- Visitors must scan their membership card or sign in to access our facilities. Among other things, this facilitates contact tracing.
- Visitors must self-screen before entering the building and again before scanning their membership card or signing in.
- Scanning your membership card or signing in is your agreement that you have passed the screening questionnaire and do not meet any of the criteria that would exclude you from being in a YMCA facility.
- Safe physical spacing has been increased to 3 m or 9 ft.
- This includes change rooms where some lockers have been tied off to maintain space.
- Do not cut ties on lockers.
- Allow yourself enough time to get to a class to ensure that spacing can be maintained.
- NEW: Masks are required at all times except when on cardio machines, swimming or in a group fitness class.
- Masks are required for weight training, in open gym and when walking from one workout space to another and at all other times.
- Masks are required when exercising if you cannot maintain a safe physical distance of 3 m or 9 ft. (e.g. if you are working out with a friend)
- Masks are required when playing squash
- Equipment, machines and lockers must be sanitized before and after use.
- Hands should be sanitized regularly.
- Fitness classes are limited to 10 people per room indoors
- We are monitoring classes to adapt and make changes to schedules where possible.
- Pickleball is also limited to 10 players at a time.
- The volume of music will be limited to a conversational level to prevent shouting by both instructors and members.
- Physical contact must be avoided for team or individual sports
- NEW: Time at the YMCA is limited to 90 minutes from entrance to exit.
- Saunas at both locations and the hot tub at Brockville Y remain closed.
- NEW AQUATICS REQUIREMENTS:
- Lane Swim: Sign in and out is required for lane swims. This will take place on the pool deck. Swimmers will also be limited to 4 per lane.
- Aquafit: Sign in is required for aquafit classes. This will take place at the front desk.
In addition, we expect that:
- Everyone will be respectful of each other and the rules.
- We will treat each other with kindness. Everyone is doing the best they can under extraordinary circumstances, including our staff.
Anyone who refuses to follow health and safety rules will be required to leave the YMCA.